looking for something?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

E.L.F Beauty Encyclopedia, Smokey Eye Edition

I think this palette is cute and unique.  It closes magnetically, has 12 biig eyeshadow pans, and an eyeliner that isn't half bad.  The eyeshadows are all pretty pigmented, but more on that later.
 The cover of the palette, that pretty much shows what it looks like inside...
 Opened palette.  Has a neat little guide on the front inside cover, nice for beginners.  Also, there is a plastic sheet protecting the eyeshadows/the rest of the book from getting covered in shadows.
 a close up of the shadows.  (sorry, I used this before taking pictures!)
 The eyeliner.  It's kind of small, but it works for me.  I have yet to try it out on my eyes, but it has good staying power as far as I can tell.  (rub test, and once I finally had it off, I had a stain on my arm for the rest of the day!
and...the swatches.  These are really great!  These are only 1-2 swipes on top of Loreal Cream Shadow Paint in Secretive (except for the last one).  They all show up pretty good (except for the last one, but only because it matches my skintone).  I love that there are some bright colors, some light colors, and some dark ones for creating a smokey eye.  And actually, I kind of like that the matte black (last one) is not super pigmented, it makes it easier to build up color without messing up by adding too much.  (and that one gray that looks like a really badly done black, is actually a realy nice gray shade)  The eyeliner was easy to swatch, and although I don't know how it will perform on my eyes, it is pretty pigmented.
See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment