looking for something?

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick: Alarm

      This is officially my favorite red lipstick EVER.  It's bright, so it's great for year-round.  It lasts a good amount of time, and it's not too dry.  It applies evenly.  And here it is:


 (sorry for the wonky nails, I was mid-manicure when I decided it was time for swatching)




 various swatches 



 Light, patted on application.


heavier application.

     This color is perfect for my skin tone!  If you have practically porcelain skin with red-ish (vs yellowy) undertones, this is the color for you.  I also love how easy it is to apply.  Straight from the tube, you can get accurate application.  If you get a little outside of the lines, it's easy to wipe off.  (Compared to Berry Queen, a moisture renew lipstick.  That one is so slippy that it's hard to get precise application.  And if you get it outside of your lips, even just a tiny bit, it's tough getting it off.)  The one downside is that you have to apply this over bare lips.  That means no lip balm (unless it's completely soaked in) or else you'll end up with uneven application.  My lips do get a little dry when I wear the lipstick, but only a little because of the lack of lip balm.  It's not even noticeable because of the brightness of the lip color.  Obviously, I do have to reapply after a meal, but it does last me a pretty good long time.  Sometimes I re-apply more than I need to, just because I love it so much...
And yes, I do wear this out and about :) 
A++++++++++++

No comments:

Post a Comment