looking for something?

Monday, March 5, 2012

wet'n'wild color icon bronzer SPF 15: Reserve Your Cabana

I was so excited to try this out!  wet'n'wild used to have a bronzer of a different name (acupulco glow) that was a cult favorite.  I heard so many great things about how it was a beautiful golden glowy highlighter.  Sadly, it was discontinued before I could get my hands on it.  But this bronzer, Reserve Your Cabana, is supposedly acupulco glow back with a vengeance.  (and SPF 15)  Over at NouveauCheap (one of my favorite beauty blogs)  the word is that the bronzers are similar- but the SPF in Reserve Your Cabana makes it a little less golden pinky.  I still like it!  I think it'll be more of a summer highlighter for me, as my skin is pale as...snow? a ghost?  I don't really know.  But the other day, I glanced at a nail polish and thought to myself that it would be a good nude polish.  It was a white nail polish...
Anyways, here's the beautimous bronzer in pictures:

 I want to start by saying this is a HUGE bronzer.  It's 13g.  And it takes up the entirety of my palm when I hold it.  The packaging is quite bulky, but I actually kind of like it!  It's like a big bubble/UFO of bronzer.
 Well, I forgot to 'lift for drug facts.'
 It's got a sunshine on it!  I love bronzers with sunshines on them!  (I love NYC's sunny bronzer, and now I love this one.)  It's not really quite as pale as the first picture, but it's closer in color to the picture below.  If you click on these pictures to enlarge them, you might be able to see the TINIEST bit of sparkle.  That's really all you see in real life, and probably more than you'll ever see on your face.

Quite a bit of powder is kicked up when you swatch it.  (or when you use a brush, I tried that too)  It's not a big deal, just something to note.  It still goes on smoothly.  Below are swatches!  It's fairly similar to my skin tone (just a touch more yellow, slightly darker) so it's a little difficult to show it off. 

 Here you can see the pretty glowyness of it all.  (above.  and good heavens, I almost typed uf instead of of.)
And the end!  I hope this gives you a good picture of what the bronzer is like.

No comments:

Post a Comment